Wednesday, January 16, 2013

In Sam Weber's class, one of the assignments we had to do entailed creating a garden for a deceased individual.  We had to think about what sort of plants, animals, and structures that would be found within.  I decided to go with my grandmother from Brazil and ended being overwhelmed by all of these beautiful memories I have from childhood, of when things weren't complicated, of family, food, and happiness.  So, I made two more pieces to go along with them..and created a mini-series of sorts; simple depictions of my childhood and my sweetest, fondest memories.
           

I never did work like this...overly obsessive, inundated in patterns, and dots. LOTS of DOTS...but Sam Weber noticed during an in-class assignment, that I seemed to enjoy it and encouraged me to embrace it. Thank you Sam!

No comments:

Post a Comment